Basel, Switzerland.
Nov. 25th 1922.
Prof. Erwin Bunnell Esp.
Dear Bro:- Say but I was some surprised duck to find a letter in the mail last Wed. from a fellow by the name of Erwin G. Bunnell. At the same time I received a letter from the Hon. Elvin Wayne Bunnell, and Mother. I sure was glad to hear from you all. You certainly are having fine weather to dig the beets. I hope you can get them out all right. It is warmer again here, and as yet, we have only had a few flakes of snow. Say if you make the basketball team I will send you Swiss present. Nothing larger than an automobile, and nothing smaller than a pocket knife. Don't wait too long about sending me the scores.
I have seen two wild ducks over here, on the fly. They have many of them in the bird ponds, but not many wild ones.
Say you are about as large as I am. I am only weighing 165 lbs. just wait and see when I get home, I will sit on you and Lamond altogether at one time, or doubled up or any other way.
Listen--.??? Ihave something to tell you. Guess what it is! Do you think you would know if I told you? I don't believe you would. But just the same it looks fine. I am a real man now. It is spelled in Basel dialect S-c-h-n-o-u-t-z, but beings that you don't know what that is, as Jim what schnurbart means. Wait a minute, I spelled it wrong, it has two R's. Schnurrbart. Do you know any more than you did before. I will tell you this much more about it, there isn't anything in the middle, but is thick on both sides, and it looks like horse----.
So Elvin had to write a letter for language in school, that is fine. You just tell your teacher that you are going to write letters everyday whether you are in school or not. And you can send them all to your Uncle Dudley, over here, in the near of no mans land.
There are not many mountains in the near from Basel. The highest mtn. I can see from here are about one third as high as those, are that one, straight across the lake. Further up in Switzerland, when you get to the Alps, then they get to be 12 to 14 thousand feet high, with snow on them the year round. Can Bobby throw yet? How much do you weigh?
The old biddie still comes to meeting, and seems to think she still has a chance. It always taked two to make a bargain. She is anyway on the road to feeble mindedness. She wants to be baptised now, so she can receive the Holy Ghost, then she can prophecy, give revelations etc. I don't pay any attention to her.
Tell Lafe Johson hello, and give him congratulations for me.
Thursday, we were tracting, and a police followed us in a house and was going to raise cane with us, but couldn't do anything. He wasn't satisfied with what I told him, so came to the lady where I am staying, and she told him if the whole world were as good and honest as we were, he would be out of a job. He hated to give up but had to. It seems that they are getting pretty strong on us, but let them go, they can't prove anything on us. It just makes the work more interesting.
While I was tracting, this week, that is at one time, a lady came to the door, and I ask for the man. I said I had a special message from America. She invited us in so quick, and went and called the man. I expected, that when I told him I was a missionary, I could be looking for a soft place to light, but he was very kind, and we had a good talk with him.
I must get this letter off, or it will be late, so I will close with lots of love, and praying the Lord to bless you all.
Sincerely,
LeRoy
Klybeckstrasse 78.
P.S. I suppose I will be in Basel until after Xmas.
P.P.S. Here is 50 marks or just exactly one mill .001 in our money - buy Provo out.
No comments:
Post a Comment