Thursday, February 7, 2013

Feb. 7th 1922 Continued...


10:00 PM
Commissioner L. L. Bunnell
Dear Dad :- Do you think I wasn't going to address any mail in your name? I have been answering the letters to the name that have sent them, but I know you would okay them all.
I would give anything if you could or "would" land that county commissioners job. It would do you good, so you wouldn't have to use so much physical exercise and it would be good for the boys to take care of the Farm. It would also add a future or income to Variwood.
I am going to start numbering the letters I send from here. This is the 5th one from Basel. You keep track of them and see if they all come. If they do in a few months I will send some souvenirs or jewelry is less than half here, to what it is there.
Well I had my first missionary work today. I went tracting alone. I delivered 38 tracts. This morning Bro. Haltinner took one side of the street and I took the other. This afternoon I went all alone. Some of them had a hard time understanding me. When I would get through telling them who I was they would say "Verstchen sie nichts." meaning I don't understand you. I would tell them over until they knew what I meant. anyway they said they did. A good many wanted to give me money. Some made me take a little. I got 45 sontiems, which is just 9 cents. I found two places where they were so tickled they didn't know how to act.
I have learned the two quite well now. I have been from one end to the other today. While i was traveling I saw a bath house. It was a large laundry and also shower baths. I was quite dirty so I went in ad took a shower. People don't bathe much over here and it is hard to get a bath. This place was nice and clean. It cost me 70 sontiem, or 14 cents. It was well worth it to me.
I haven't been homesick at all today. I believe I am over the worst. I hope so. It is sure cold here tonight. I believe it will come down below 20 (above). Well I am going to bed now, I will probably send the letter tomorrow. I can't send one everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment