Klybechstrasse 78
July 29th 1922
Mrs.
L.L. Bunnell
Dear
Mother :- I received your very welcome letter of July 10th and 13th
last Wednesday, July 26th, and was as usual glad to get a word from
home.
I
haven't been back to Liestal since that day, but I am going to start
working there agian soon. Don't worry about anybody knocking me down
the steps, because these people like to talk too much but when it
comes to doing the act, it is different. And to as long as I am in
the work of the Lord, and do my duty, nobody will harm me. These
people must be warned, then if they don't take it on , they can throw
it away, but they must have the chance.
I
sure do take that attitude towards all of these bad women. I had also
an experience in Germany while I was there in Munchen. A lady about
30 years old came up behind me, touched me on the arm, naturally I
turned around, and she said "come and go to the hotel with me."
I told her right out to go straight to hell. She then went on about
her own business. This country is lousy with such people, but let
them stay with themselves, and not bother the Americans.
Tell
Dr. Hughes hello, and there is room for his son Russell over here in
the mission field. Say how are those girls (Margarite Cluff and the
Anderson girl) who were hurt in the automobile accident. Are they
disfigured? Last Tuesday I was talking with two missionaries who just
came over, and came with Bob Anderson of Provo. Bob is sent down
into Vienna Austria. They have about 12 missionaries there now.
We
have also been having cool weather hear lately, but lots of rain.
Through the months of June and july, the weather has been always
fairly cool, considering what it usually is. They tell me it will
melt during August.
Tell
Leona hello for me and that she must hurry up and get better. I
should write her a letter, but I suppose she reads all of these any
how, so she knows I am not dead. How are all of her kiddies, I mean
children, not goats! Does Nora still remember me, or has she
forgotten that I exist? How about Arlo? Does he talk yet at all? You
know he never talked when I left. And of course Wayne talks, and
runs all around like a little duck. I sure would like to see the
kids now, but I suppose the time will come when I can see them.
Yesterday
morning, I went out tracting rather tired, on account of going so
long the day before. I felt just a little grouchy. Elder Gleich was
with me. I tried to give a lady a tract and she turned it down. I
then gave one to a young man just across the hall. This old hen kept
chipping in, and throwing insults, then besides that a man yelled
down from the story above to throw me out. That me sore and I sure
tore loose and told that old Hen something. I also talked loud enough
so the man over, could hear me. My main topic was that it was too
bad that the people of the world were so ignorant, that when
something good came to them they turn it away and slam and slur it,
and wanted always to stay in their wickedness. I also told them right
out, that when they slammed and slurred the message I had brought to
them, they done the same to their Father in Heaven. Nobody then
offered to put me out and then I had a very good talk with the young
man, and he promised faithfully he would come and visit the meetings
with us. he told me what I said was just right. While i was talking
to him, Elder Gleich went back and had a talk with the lady, that
wouldn't take a tract from me, and gave her two tracts, and had a
very good talk with her. After we went out Elder Gleich said to me,
"you sure did talk sharp to that lady, he said the cap must have
fit or she would have put you out." I sure can't help but get
out of patience, with the ignorance of some of these people.
At
present in our missionary work, we are hunting up some old saints who
haven't been to church for from 5 to 15 years. Most of them we can't
find, some others have been baptized in other churches, others kick
us out, and a few give weak promise that they will come back. We
have about 50 such names to hunt out. We sure will have to
excommunicate quite a number. I hate to do it, but when a person
denies the gospel, what do you do?
Elder
Plewe and I just got to joking and we changed writing tabs and wrote
a little nonsense on each others letter. We like to play sometimes.
Well
there isn't more to tell about so I will close for this time. Hoping
you are all well and happy.
Sincerely,
LeRoy
No comments:
Post a Comment