Tuesday, April 8, 2014

February 11th 1923

Karlsruhe, Feb. 11, 1923.
Miss. Vinna Bunnell.
Dear Sister:_ At last I received a letter from home, and lo and behold I was darn glad to get it.  I received one from Barbara this morning too, but listen, when you send me newspapers, please tie them up better. They are all undone when they get here.
Get off the typewriter you are too slow; so they tell me.  
Elder Russell Swensen of P.G. Wants to write.  Ask Merrill if he knows him. I will write with my pen. NIT? HEY YO, sagte der Schwaber.
You sure have been going easy on the letters and stamps lately.  I came very near thinking you had forgotten I was over here.  All of the letters that I had received since I left Basel, were two weeks and more apart. I got two this morning, one from Mother and one from Siss.  The letters also only had a 2 cent stamp each, and it cost me a dime each to get them. Yes it is true.
You are all the weeds pigweeds  too. When the Y plays a game, and wins or loses, why don't you tell me about it, and how much the score was.  Irwin was going to but he hasn't done it yet. Maybe you hear so much from me, you don't care to write back.  If that's the case, we must repent on both ends, because I am not yet so pious, that I don't enjoy news from home.
I hope to the _ _ _ _ Sam harry Lamond & Lavina gets along OK. That big town of Provo is getting to feel quite proud, when you can't get a nurse there. Write an article in the Herald for me, and tell those geekite Provoites, not to buy a cap that won't fit, that all the girls are so big they won't help a poor guy out when he brings one of those poor spirits out of the spirit world to nourish. I think the gospel needs to be preached there, as much as here, especially “repentance,” that the people don't get too proud of themselves, they won't stick their hands in the dishwater. Believe me, they need to live like these people here for a while, and they would learn something.
I suppose the geekite Merrill John, will be running for student body Pres. Next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment