Mar. 20th 1922.
Dear
Folks.
I
suppose I was mistaken about those castles being so old. I was told
yesterday they were from 1000 to 1500 years old. There is a Roman
amphitheater about ten miles from here that was built before Christ.
They say it is in good condition.
I
am afraid I have got myself into trouble with one of the Saints here.
Some time ago I ask him how many friends they had in meeting. He
wouldn't tell us, because he said he had some friends, and we had
nothing to do with them, that he was the missionary for them. Last
night I was called on to speak again, and I took the subject the war
in heaven. I explained that Satan wanted the honor for doing Gods
work. I told them for that Lucifer was cast out. then for a example
I told that when a friend was found that was interested in the
church, not to hold to him for yourself, and hunt for the honor to
baptize or bring that person into the church. I talked better than
ten minutes. It was terribly broken but they said they understood me.
I can't understand but very little or speak very little but every
day it comes just a little better. I hope that inside of a year I
can do all of my studying in Deutch.
Well, it would sure be easier if I could learn to preach in English. It is
very, very hard to memorize or do anything in Deutch. I suppose when
it is necessary I can talk a little better. It is time for me to
study now so I will close for this time. May God bless you all.
Yours
truly,
LeRoy
Klybeckstrasse
78
No comments:
Post a Comment